Noticed cut and soreness on frenulum after sex. Suggest cream for healing

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Men's Health
Question: Hi, I currently have a cut on my frenular XXXXXXX location...it is sore , it has happened before and cleaned it with salt water and it healed after a few days but seems to happen quite frequently after sex...is there any cream I can use to assist the healing and discomfort ?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is due to band of adhesion. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have repeated episodes of injury to frenulum during intercourse. The photograph that you have uploaded clearly shows a band of adhesions between glans penis and penile skin which gets teared during dry forceful intercourse. A topical antibiotic cream like Neosporin will help to heal up the wound, However I would suggest you to get it excised .This is a very simple surgery done as out patient procedure under local anaesthesia and takes just 5 minutes .It will offer permanent cure. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 11 minutes later
thank you Dr, when searching for Neosporin cream it gives me Brulidine and Germolene are both these products safe to apply to the wound ? I will consider the excised option but how will that be done? do I need to be referred by my GP and how long does it take to heal completely once the surgery is completed ... are there any erectile effects ?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Use any topical antibiotic cream or ointmetment. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. Excision of band is done under local anaesthesia and will take 5 days to heal up completely.There will be problem in getting erection. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil