Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed curved penis with bump on it after using penis pump. No bleeding, no pain. What's wrong?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 2190 Questions
Yes this is a very unusual question (so I would think) but very serious. My husband and I were playing with a mens penis pump during sex and it was fully pumped up.. when we tried to release it would not allow for it.. so we just yanked it thinking it would just give but it actually pulled his penis and we think did some damage.. well it did the penis is now bent over and has formed a bump like a vain is blocked off. no bleeding and he says not much pain. but for obvious reasons does not want to visit the family doctor.. He just jokes about the broken penis.. is it possible to break it.. and what do i do Please help? thanks so much
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 1 hour later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

Firstly, it is indeed a serious issue and it's good that you have brought it up. To answer your question directly, it is possible to "break" the penis and it is called a penile fracture. Though the penis does not contain any bony structures, there are a pair of erectile tissues that form the bulk of the penis and these are ensheathed in fibrous coverings called the "tunica albuginea". A rapid blunt force trauma can cause rupture of this fibrous sheath, and this is called a penile fracture.

This rupture can cause a distortion in the normal structure of the penis - which can be seen as a "bend" in the penis. Since the penis is a very vascular structure, the rupture of this surrounding sheath can cause a leaking out and XXXXXXX collection of blood - which can be seen as a lump.

Now, it is important to seek immediate medical attention in case of a penile fracture, because early intervention can prevent future complications. So, I would advise you to take your husband to a doctor for a physical examination - to first assess the degree and severity of the injury / damage. It is definitely NOT a good idea to ignore this since I have seen patients who have developed significant complications by ignoring such injuries.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor