Noticed cramping, bleeding and vaginal odor. Took plan B. Having diarrhea. Taking cabergoline. Prolactin level. Suggest?
I also have hyperprolactenemia but my periods are very regular and I take cabergoline 3 times a week. my prolactin level is 40.
I just had blood drawn and my endocrinologist says my FSH is 14, highly unusual for my age and very good for fertility, he says. I have a very young, athletic body and skin for my age and most people think I am in my 30's. I dance daily for exercise - Lindy Hop & ballroom.
I am 5'2", 108 lbs, and having trouble eating because of emotional distress from my recent breakup, and I'm guessing, from the hormones in the Plan B pill.
First of all, an FSH of 14 at age 49 is completely what I would expect - this is slightly elevated but fits with your age, regardless of how regular your cycles are currently.
As far as PlanB, it is commonly associated with some breakthrough bleeding after taking it. What you are describing happened quicker than one might expect, though. For this reason, I think it might be a good idea to do the following:
1. Do not panic - it is not at all likely that you conceived from that one episode of intercourse and with prompt use of PlanB.
2. The bleeding might be related to withdrawal bleeding that we see with PlanB or it could be related to your cycle coming early, triggered by the PlanB
3. You need to ask your doctor to check a blood pregnancy test and your need an ultrasound of the uterus
4. Assuming that the bleeding was related to an irregular cycle, which would be normal on occasion at 49 years old, consider also talking with your doctor about a low dose birth control pill.
Does this help at all?
do you think I could have been previously pregnant and am aborting a baby from a few weeks back? we used the "rhythm" method.
current photos of me at WWW.WWWW.WW if you need to see that I do not look 49.
1. The smell of old blood - it has a distinct odor
2. A possible vaginal infection unrelated to the concern regarding pregnancy - the most common to cause a vaginal odor is called BV and it is treated with a prescription.
3. Yes, an FSH of 2 is quite normal. Most times, the most accurate FSH is drawn on cycle day #3 - this is the one that provides the best interpretation of what is going on with your ovaries. You suggested that the FSH was drawn sometime later in the cycle when it is naturally lower than on day #3.
4. It is quite possible that you were experiencing a miscarriage. The rhythm method is not perfect, though without a pregnancy test at the time of the onset of the bleeding, this is anyones best guess.
5. And yes, you look great for 49!!
Please let me know if this helps. If you have more questions, let me know!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Bad vaginal odor after taking ecstasy
- Cortisol levels and vaginal odor
- Vaginal odor after taking phentermine
- Suggest treatment for high level of prolactin
- Vaginal odor after taking mucinex
- Vaginal odor and cramping
- Bad vaginal odor cramps
- Vaginal odor day after taking ecstasy
- Vaginal odor after taking macrobid
- Trying to conceive high prolactin levels taken siphene cabergoline suggestions