Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Noticed cracks on foreskin after CABG operation. Cleaned with Betadine solution. Any other treatment?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 527 Questions
Hi Dr,
after my CABG operation i startd getting cracks on my foreskin with white powder like.So i cleaned with Betadine solution and applied Betadine oinment.It works fine but after 2 or 3 days it re appears again.Is there any treatment for this.Pls. advice.
with regards XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Control diabetes, and you should get better

Detailed Answer:
This is a rather common feature among diabetic patients. In fact, about 5-10% of diabetic patients get recognized as having diabetes when they approach a family physician for a cracked foreskin, and the doctor promptly asks for blood sugar levels which are elevated.
The good news is that this condition improves dramatically with better control of blood sugar levels. This almost certainly has no relation to your post-op CABG status, and for the moment I suggest you continue doing what you have been doing diligently, which is ensuring local hygiene.
Some people however might find that the skin has become so thick and cracked that we do advise circumcision for them, which is a simple surgery provided the cardiologists say you can stop your anti-platelet drugs (i.e. Clopitab )which might cause increased bleeding.
Hope I have been able to help you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Noticed cracks on foreskin after CABG operation. Cleaned with Betadine solution. Any other treatment? 2 hours later
Thank you Dr.
Is there any specified ointment for this to control.
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
What you have been using is fine

Detailed Answer:
What you have been using is fine. Betadine ointment is as good as any other, more expensive ointments, but some urologists may prefer trying ointments which contain Hydrocortisone. I suggest you avoid this for the moment, and if your cracked foreskin is really troubling you, get the simple surgery done which is circumcision.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor