Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Noticed corpus spongiosum cut during intercourse. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 4361 Questions
Hey Dr.,
I was just recently involved in some rough play with a girl of mine while clothed. It was sexual rough play and I was strongly thrusting against her (with clothes on still) and after wards i fell some wetness and realized my penis was bleeding (Note: I am uncircumcised). I went to wash it off and when I looked at it afterward, it appeared that my Corpus spongiosum had been cut in some way for it not to be connected to the tip of my penis as it once was when I gave it a look. I see the clear separation between my Corpus spongiosum that's connected to my foreskin and my penis now. What are my concerns, and/or what course of action should be taken?
Posted Fri, 10 Aug 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 3 hours later

Thanks for the query

It looks like a pretty bad cut. Please get to a urologist as soon as possible to prevent it from getting infected. It urgently needs suturing. If you delay it there are high chances of it getting infected and if it does heal on its own there might be permanent scarring and difficulty during erections. Apply an antiseptic over it and wash it thoroughly.

I wish you good health

I hope I have answered your query, if you have no further queries please accept my answer

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor