Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Noticed changed in breathing, feeling skipped heart beat and chest sensations. What is going on?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1979
Answered : 1126 Questions
Hi, I have been having chest sensations and noticed changed in my breathing, but now I took my pulse and found it is skipping some beats?
Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 1 hour later

Thanx for posting your query on XXXXXXX

You have not elaborated on your symptoms much. What kind of chest sensation you are having? Is it as if you can feel your heart beating or is it some kind of breathing difficulty?

The skipped beats could be because of irregularity of pulse. At this age sinus arrythmia is quite common and is a benign condition. Do you consume excessive tea or coffee? This may also cause skipped beats at times.

I would like to advise you that visit your doctor and let him take your pulse and look for any irregularity. If required, get a ECG, Chest X XXXXXXX and a PFT done that will point towards any condition that you may be suffering from.

You may post further inputs and i`ll be glad to answer them.

Thanx again.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Noticed changed in breathing, feeling skipped heart beat and chest sensations. What is going on? 14 minutes later
it is not as though I can feel my heart beating, although it is at times that it feels like pulpitations. I am not usually concerned about this or anything about the chest sensations, I know they are unrelated to the heart; sometimes the chest feels heavy but today I felt a short vibration sensation followed by pain which I put down to a muscle spasm. So I am not worried about that. It is only when it becomes more apparent that I question why it is happening and such as when it is accompanied by fatigue and mental tiredness. But definitely today there was very a very noticeable irregular pulse for no apparent reason? I do not drink coffee, but no more than a cup of tea a day.
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 3 hours later

Thanx for posting more inputs.

As mentioned by me earlier, i suggest that you consult a doctor who can examine you in detail and also monitor your pulse.

Also carry out the investigations which i have mentioned above which will help in clearing all the doubts and we will also know if any thing more is required to be done.

More on hearing from you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor