Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed bumps on penis only during erection. Worried for herpes or hpv?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
I seem to have these small bumps show up on my penis but only when erect. They are only on the head of the penis. What could this be. I'm terrified it is herpes or hpv.
Posted Sat, 9 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 30 hours later
Thanks for writing to us.
Firstly I would like to assure these are not warts( HPV infection) or herpes. These are sexually transmitted infections which are quite visible whether penis is erect or not. So if not seen when penis is not erect, it cannot be wart or herpes.
These asymptomatic lesions which only occur when the penis is erect or engorged could be sweat glands, sebaceous glands or hair follicles that become prominent and the phenomenon is quite normal seen in many males.
I would advise you not to worry about these and continue with your daily routine.
Hope that helps!. Should there be any other query, feel free to write back.

PS should there be no query, we may close the discussion.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor