Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Noticed bulging disc in neck. Getting pain in head, hands, feet and chest. Negative for lyme disease. Worried

Jan 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1658 Questions
Hi I'm 21 and had a car wreck 5 mths ago since then I have found I have a bulging disc in my neck. I have for the last 2 months been experiencing sudden onset of horrific pain in my head, hands, feet ears and back. Today it's in my chest. My initial bloodworm showed nothing, negative for Lyme disease no vitamin deficiencies, I have been to a rheumatologist which also came up negative, so far chocolate and the son brings an attack on and I also have extreme night sweats and sweat all the time
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

Our body has such a built that after any injury if bone is broken or dislocated then only you can feel some bulge.

After car wreck if you are feeling some bulge in neck then it must be bony in origin not a disc which is soft in consisteency.

Do you have some neck instability and pian at the site of injury? Any type of bony injury may cause instablility and pain.

Involvement of spinal cord at neck levelmay involve pain fibres and motor fibres of all 4 limbs and may cause pain. In neck, sympathetic fibres are also present and involvement of autonomic fibres may affect sweating.

You should consult with neurosurgeon/ neurophysician. You should go for CT/ MRi scan of cervical spine. MRI is best.

Let me know your views and result of prescribed investigation.

Get well soon,

Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor