Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed bruise on penis head. Should I be concerned for diabetes?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 454 Questions
noticed what looks like bruising on the head of my husbands penis? He is afraid that it might be diabetes.
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 28 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Thanks for your query.

As per the description of the problem, yes there is a possibility of Balanoposthitis which may be due to underlying Diabetes. The diagnosis can be confirmed by physical examination by your Physician along with testing fasting and post lunch blood sugar with corresponding urine sugars to diagnose the diabetes.

So consult your nearest Physician.

If you have any further doubts write us back.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor