Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Noticed brown mucous discharge and frequent urination after having sex. Safe remedy?

Mar 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 4047 Questions
Hi I had intercourse today with my boyfriend and noticed a brown mucous discharge the past several times I urinated what does that mean?
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 46 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us. I am trying to solve your problem.

According to your information, you are suffering from brown vaginal mucous discharge.

There are several possibilities like

1) Presence of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
2) Hormonal imbalance in perimenopausal age group
3) Any type of sexually transmitted disease (STD)
4) Implantation bleeding or sign of miscarriage
5) Old blood mixed with endometrial tissue
6) Endometriosis or vaginal infection etc.

The possibilities can be narrowed by complete physical examination including pelvic exam (with or without speculum) and some initial investigation like ultrasound scan (USG) for pelvis, complete STD profile, Hormone level assay including thyroid profile, blood sugar, vaginal swab test and urine examination- routine & microscopy etc.

Complete treatment depends on relevant etiological factors. Following test reports, you need to contact with gynecologist for next line of management.

Following measures for life style modification :

1) Take healthy diet and drink lots of water, eat fresh fruits/ vegetables.
2) Try to avoid salty/ spicy/ fatty food and take iron supplements with diet.
3) Avoid stress/ anxiety/ emotional upset by yoga/deep breathing regularly.
4) Control body wt & maintain genital hygiene properly including proper washing.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish your good health in future & practice safe and protected sex.

Dr Soumen
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor