Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Noticed brown growth on penis. How to remove this?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6248 Questions
I found a brown growth on my penis.
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 23 minutes later
Thanks for query and the photograph.
I would like to know few additional points.
1. Is there any pain or itching in the lesion?
2. Is there any bleeding from the lesion?
3. Is it soft or hard to touch?

Just with the picture, I consider the following conditions.
1. Wart . The lesion should be hard in this case.
2. Pyogenic granuloma. This is associated with bleeding.
3. Nevus. This presents just as a soft area of pigmentation.

Kindly answer the above questions so I can give a most probable diagnosis.

Feel free to ask any further doubt.
Wishing you a good health.
Thank you .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Noticed brown growth on penis. How to remove this? 21 minutes later
no pain or itching, or bleeding. texture is similar to a skin tag.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 8 minutes later
Thanks for the follow up query.
Without any symptoms, it is just a nevus, similar to moles what we have on body.
There is nothing to worry. It will not grow much.
You may neglect it or if you wish, get it removed by using LASER or radio frequency ablation.
You can XXXXXXX a dermatologist; he can remove it within minutes.

Hope I answered your query.
If you are satisfied, kindly rate the discussion before closing it.
Wishing you a good health.
Thank you .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor