Noticed brown discharge, cramping in lower back and tummy is tender. Having heartburn and on breast feeding

Dr. David Okia

Posted on Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Question: hello, on October the 23rd my period was ment to start, I had the cramping like it was coming, I got a little bit of blood and every time I wiped brown discharge, it stopped 3 days later and I never got an actually period I didn't use a pad at all. I had been cramping every day some days worst than others, my lower back has been cramping. My tummy feels really tender and bloated. Im going to the toilet a lot more to do number 2 but have trouble some times. Im getting a lot of heartburn. Im still breast feeding my 16 month old baby. I have taken 2 pregnancy test and both negative. Not sure what is going on.
Answered by Dr. David Okia 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hi and thanks for your question.your not pregnant

Detailed Answer:
Based on my experience your not pregnant.
I usually do other investigations like abdominal ultrasound for patients with similar complains to rule out pelvic inflammatory diseases.If ultrasound reveals PID i start my patients on antibiotics and they do well
I also do lab investigations like complete blood count.
If you are exclusively breast feeding chances are of getting pregnant are low.
Well do not worry, just have abdominal ultrasound and cbc done.
Hope i answered your question , will be happy to help you if you have other queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad