Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed blood in urine with mild burning sensation. Enlarge prostate, UTI or bladder cancer?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9620 Questions
Can someone in their mid 40's experience enlargement of the prostate?
Is it possible to be simply prone to NSU without an underlying cause ( I have had symptoms on and off all my life)? once very 5 years or so.
I currently have some ( invisible) blood in urine ( was tested yesterday but unable to get full results ( no sure if infection)as holiday period) - symptoms appear to me to be either infection of urinary tract, enlargment of prostate or baldder cancer. I am having mild burning and strong desire to urinate constantly. cannot sleep.
Posted Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.

Based on your description it appears that you have Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms Will you kindly submit some more information to come to a conclusion.

1) Are you Diabetic ?
2) Do you get fever with chill especially when you get these symptoms.?
3) Have done your routine test ans Urine culture test to confirm the UTI.?
4) Have you done Ultrasound scanning to assess the size of the Prostate and Post Void Urine Residue.?
5) Did you pass red colored urine any time ?
6) How is the flow of your Urine ?(Urine Stream)

Kindly feedback the relevant information.

I shall be pleased to help you to the best of my ability and knowledge.

Thanks with Regards.
Dr. Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor