Noticed blood in urine and feeling discomfort in penis. What should I do?

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I just urinated and noticed a slightly red drop of urine/ blood coming from the tip of my penis. The urine looked yellow however I am concerned. I am 48 and had sex two ago (with wife). I noticed a very slight discomfort within the shaft of my penis. This is the first time I have ever seen this. what should I do
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 24 minutes later
Hi
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Physical examination of the private parts is needed to look for a local problem.
If there is no local problem, it may be infection in the urine or stone in the bladder.
Urine analysis and ultrasound scan are needed to look for the same.
Till you XXXXXXX the doctor, Please take enough water and cranberry juice.
Hope this helps, kindly get back for doubts if any.
DR GS