Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

152 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Noticed blood in urine and feeling discomfort in penis. What should I do?

Answered by
Dr. G.Srinivasan


Practicing since :1991

Answered : 1414 Questions

Posted on Wed, 16 Jan 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I just urinated and noticed a slightly red drop of urine/ blood coming from the tip of my penis. The urine looked yellow however I am concerned. I am 48 and had sex two ago (with wife). I noticed a very slight discomfort within the shaft of my penis. This is the first time I have ever seen this. what should I do
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 24 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Physical examination of the private parts is needed to look for a local problem.
If there is no local problem, it may be infection in the urine or stone in the bladder.
Urine analysis and ultrasound scan are needed to look for the same.
Till you XXXXXXX the doctor, Please take enough water and cranberry juice.
Hope this helps, kindly get back for doubts if any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Urinary bladder

doctor1 MD

My friend told me she has an open cut near the entrance of her vagina. she had a bladder infection and she was very itchy. She thinks that is how it happened. She went to the Dr. for the bladder infection and he cured it but this was about 3 mos. ago. Should she see a gynecologist or can you tell her why it won t heal

doctor1 MD

My largest fibroid was so large, that it had totally encapsulated my uterus and displaced (and stretched) my bladder. I am still having bladder spasms and am concerned about incontinence. My doctor says I should (hopefully) experience healing over time. Are there things I can do to help this?

doctor1 MD

Hi There, I have had my urine tested for a bladder infection and it had come back negative, although my GP had said that they could see that i had 189 puss, l still have this horrible nagging pain left and right of my lower tummy, under the belly button. what could this be?

doctor1 MD

Hi I m a 34 year old woman I have pain on the lower left side of my abdomen that gets worse when I eat. It seems better when I m sleeping and not as bad when I wake up. I m burbing a lot more and sometimes have reflux. I also have pockets of air coming out of my urethra and more so after I have emptied my bladder.

doctor1 MD

I am a 77year old female . Uti have been with me for 40 some years. The start over the back my shoulders, down both arms, into both hands and fingers, with pain like fiery symptoms at start of urination. At seams that no physition has ever heard...

doctor1 MD

What conditions or diseases are associated with blood in the urine, and if needed, what specialty doctor do I need to see?

doctor1 MD

I had an uncomfortable bladder, so I tested first void. It tested positive for nitrite and trace leucocyte. I used a second strip to be sure and again nitrite appeared positive. I had a cystoscopy scheduled for the morning anyway but when I gave...