Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Noticed blood in urine. What should I do now?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 3767 Questions
I am peeing blood and it really hurts, what should i do? This has been going on for a week, and i thought it would go away but it hasn't, also i can only pee a little bit, and i cant really controol my peeing urges, i have peed myself a few times
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 25 minutes later
Hi, thanks for your query. I read your query and I understand your concerns. Following is my reply : 1) You probably have urinary tract infection. 2) Please give urine for microscopic examination, urine culture & sensitivity test. 3) Please consult a doctor who can prescribe you antibiotics. 4) The doctor will examine you and suggest an ultrasound of bladder if necessary. Please see a doctor for medicine prescription. I hope I answered your query. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Noticed blood in urine. What should I do now? 32 minutes later
Is there anything i can do to relieve the pain until I go to the doctor?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 23 minutes later
Hi, ideally you should drink more water. But you are having pain while peeing which might increase with more water as it results in more peeing. Your doctor can prescribe urine alkylating agent which i cant prescibe online. Hence please see a doctor soon. If pain is severe, go to ER. I hope you areclear now. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor