Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed blood in urine. Cytoscopy showed lesion in the bladder. How to overcome this problem?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9587 Questions
I am very worried. Since one year I have blood in my urine about once a month, no pain. I went to the doctor right away and was checked out for any kidney or other problems. Nothing was found. I was sent to the hospital for a cystoscopy. There was a lesion on the inside of my bladder in the form of a ring. The urologist washed out cells from it, had it sent to a lab and it was tested as non suspicious for cancer. The bleeding continued. I had a second cystoscopy and again the cell samples that were washed off the lesion brought nothing suspicious. Why does the bleeding once to twice a month continue? The bleeding lasts only for one to two urinations. What can I do? I am still worried.
Posted Thu, 28 Feb 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.

Based on the facts that you posted it appears that you have some small benign lesion in the bladder or it may be a simple Cystitis. As you have already undergone endoscopic evaluation twice and nothing significant was revealed you need not worry at all.

You have to monitor yourself and prevent getting urinary tract inflammation (UTI). Frequent routine urine analysis and ultrasound scanning may help you from getting repeated episodes of bleeding. In addition I would also suggest that you take some urinary antiseptics like Nitrofurantoin twice daily and consume 4-5 litres of water. This will prevent UTI. Nitrofurantoin based drugs can be brought using a prescription from your family physician,

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor