Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Noticed blood in semen. Blood, urine and semen test normal. What am I suffering from?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6248 Questions
I had what looked like blood in my semen. I was worried so I visited doctor who took blood, semen and urine from me. I explained it felt a small discomfort when I ejaculated.
Results today said nothing abnormal and gave me some medication in case of a slight infection.
I just masturbated and red clumps like jelly came out with increased pain and When I squeezed remainder out a large clump of jelly came out
Please help
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 32 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us.
The sperm follow a long path before getting ejaculated, starting from testicles to seminal vesicles to prostate and finally urethra.
Although a problem in any part of this path can lead to presence of clumps or gelly like material in semen, presence of blood clot is considered a symptom of seminal vesicle involvement.
I advice you to get a trans rectal ultrasound done to rule out involvement of seminal vesicle.
Please let me know if you want further clarification.
Wishing you good health.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor