Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Noticed blood in cough. Found ca in lung. What treatment should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Oncologist, Radiation
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 526 Questions
My father is 66 years.
He was medicaly feet till date.
few days blood is coming out with cough from last 2 months.
after few investigation like X XXXXXXX MANTOUX,FNAC and found my father had CA in lung.
please advice what is the next treatment.
How do i knew the Grade of CA ?
Where i get best treament for my father ?
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Dipanjan Majumder 26 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.

I can understand your concern. You should not be worried right now, lung cancer is treatable.

First goal is to stage the tumor. Relevant investigations are-
- Contrast enhanced CT scan of thorax including adrenals
-Contrast enhanced CT of abdomen/ USG whole abdomen
-Core needle biopsy from the tumor for histopathology exam and EGFR expression status
-Other routine blood examination

Clinical examination is also necessary depending on the finding your doctor may add some more investigations.

If the disease is at limited stage encouraging treatment results can be expected. Lung cancer has got two broad groups: small cell lung cancer and non small cell lung cancer.

Non small cell lung cancer may be squamous or adenocarcinoma. These can be detected on pathology report. Treatment will depend on these factors.

Consult your oncologist for better guidance; I will be available for follow up.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor