Noticed blood from teeth while brushing and eating. What is the reason?

Dr. Farah Hussain

Dentist

Posted on Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Dental Health
Question: Blood use to come from teeths while brushing & eating hard food items
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Gum bleeding may be due to gingivitis. Detailed Answer: Hi there , Welcome to XXXXXXX As you have mentioned you have been taking limcee tablets, which are actually vitamin C supplements used to treat gum bleeding caused due to deficiency of vitamin C. I suspect gum bleeding in your case is due Gingivitis. Your gums are might be inflamed due to deposition of the bacterial plaque and calculus deep in the gum pockets and on the root surfaces of the teeth. I suggest you to visit a dentist, get the complete subgingival deep scaling, and root planing done. Once the causative bacterial deposits are removed along with the course of medicines will improve your gum health with time and bleeding will be stopped. Meantime you can gargle with lukewarm saline or chlorhexidine mouthwash regularly, which gives soothing effect, and helps stop bleeding by preventing the microbial activity. I hope this helps, Take care, dr.farah XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Follow up: Dr. Farah Hussain 2 days later
Which food or fruits id having Vitamin C..? And shall i continue taking of LIMCEE...?
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 38 hours later
Brief Answer: vitamin C helps in tissue repair Detailed Answer: Hello; Yes there is nothing harm in continuing with vitamin c supplements like lymcee for 2 weeks as vitamin c play a important role in healing and tissue repair and in turn reduces the gum bleeding. oranges;sweet lime;lemon juice;raw apricot are rich in vitamin c. Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Farah Hussain 32 hours later
Hi madam, Thanks for your answer. Am taking Lymcee from last 20days(1 tablet per day), but bleeding is not stopping. shall i take 2tablets per day or any other prescription is there.
Answered by Dr. Farah Hussain 3 days later
Brief Answer: get gingivitis treated. Detailed Answer: hi , one tablet per day is enough but since you have been taking vitamin c supplement from a long time i would suggest you to stop the course. As i have already mentioned you , visit the dentist and get your gums evaluated for gum bleeding , pocket formation and bone loss. scaling, root planing and deep gingival currettage will help you out. take care.