Noticed blood from gums while brushing. What cure should be done?

Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain

Dentist, Prosthodontics

Posted on Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Dental Health
Question: While brushing my teeth in the morning, I have been noticing blood coming from gums since last 1 month. This happens everyday while brushing.
Answered by Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

Blood during brushing is one of the initial signs of gum disease. I would suggest that you visit your dentist for scaling i.e.: a thorough clean up of teeth and gums. The bleeding should stop within a few days of scaling.

Until you can visit a dentist, you may start using a good mouthwash to improve your oral hygiene along with brushing twice daily.

Hope this answers your query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E