Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Noticed blood during sex. Pain in testicle. What can be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1969
Answered : 17665 Questions
during havi'ng sex I had blood in my sperm and my right testicle hurt
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 2 hours later
Thanks for posting query.
If you passed blood in your semen is for the first time, nothing to worry.
It will be automatically alright.
Repeated passing blood in semen requires evaluation.
As you get pain and your right testicle hurts while doing sex indicates that you might be having some infection in your genital tract i.e. testicle, epididimis, seminal vesicles.
So in your case this might be due to Epididimo-Orchitis.
As you are 46 years, any problem in your prostate should be ruled out.
Go for investigations like,
1, Blood checking for any bleeding disorder.
2, Prostate examination,
3, MRI of genital tract,
4, Routine urine check up for any infection in urinary tract.
5, Semen examination for any infection.
In your case wait for few days and if there is no blood in your semen again, nothing to worry.
I believe, in your case it seems that you are having infection in your genital tract might require one antibiotic medicine course to control the infection.
Consult sexologist and get examined.
I hope I answered your query to your satisfaction.
If you have further query or clarification, please write back, I will give answer.
Dr. Ramesh Vachharajani

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor