Noticed blood clots after peeing. Should I be worried?

Dr. Hema Yadav

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases

Posted on Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I am a female and I saw some little blood clots after I went pee on the tissue for the second time should I be worried
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later
Hello ,
I understand your concern as a health conscious and vigilant individual .
Blood in urine should never be neglected as it can be a sign of genitourinary tract infection.
If you are not sure then kindly watch whether the source of blood is urinary tract, vagina or the anus . In any case if it's occurring multiple times it definitely needs investigation .
I assume you are not taking any medications ( like blood thinners etc) currently or do not suffer from any known bleeding disorder.
You need to consult your doctor and he might suggest investigations like urine routine , CBC and coagulation profile .
Meanwhile make sure you drink plenty of water and maintain usual genital hygiene.
If there is further worsening of the bleeding or you have any dizziness , pain , fever etc then you must contact your doctor promptly.
As of now it's not worrisome but do keep a watch on it.
Hope I have answered your query.
Ill be available for any follow up queries.