Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed blood clots after peeing. Should I be worried?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1528 Questions
I am a female and I saw some little blood clots after I went pee on the tissue for the second time should I be worried
Tue, 18 Dec 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later
Hello ,
Thanks for posting your query.
I understand your concern as a health conscious and vigilant individual .
Blood in urine should never be neglected as it can be a sign of genitourinary tract infection.
If you are not sure then kindly watch whether the source of blood is urinary tract, vagina or the anus . In any case if it's occurring multiple times it definitely needs investigation .
I assume you are not taking any medications ( like blood thinners etc) currently or do not suffer from any known bleeding disorder.
You need to consult your doctor and he might suggest investigations like urine routine , CBC and coagulation profile .
Meanwhile make sure you drink plenty of water and maintain usual genital hygiene.
If there is further worsening of the bleeding or you have any dizziness , pain , fever etc then you must contact your doctor promptly.
As of now it's not worrisome but do keep a watch on it.
Hope I have answered your query.
Ill be available for any follow up queries.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor