Noticed blood clot on penis vein after masturbating. Should I be worried?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 31 Jan 2013 in Penis Problems
Question: Hi, I believe I injuried myself a while masturbating a couple months ago. I have noticed what appears to be a blood clot in one of my penis veins. It's been there about 8 months now. I have enclosed a picture. Do you know what this is? I thought it was a thrombosed vein but it will not go away. Thank you
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later

I was able to view the photograph attached. It appears to be one of the branches of 'Dorsal vein of Penis' which was injured during masturbation and got thrombosed.

Do not worry even if does not get resolved it would not cause problems with erection or sexual act.

Typically it takes a long time (few months) to get resolved. In some this may be prolonged. You can try topical ointments like thrombophob or anti inflammatory gel (like Diclofenac) locally to get it resolved. You may get a prescription of this drug from your family Physician.

Hope this addresses your concerns. Feel free to ask if you have any more questions. I shall be please to help you.

Dr.Patil

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 56 minutes later
Thank you I appreciate your time. Is there any chance this could be Peyronie's disease. As this has lasted about 7 to 8 months now. Also, should I abstain form masturbation?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Hello
Thanks for writing back.
This is not Peyronie's disease. Peyronies disease is a formation of calcified plaques in Tunica Albuginea an envelope that covers the Corpora Cavernosa of the penis. It is not necessary to abstain from masturbation but the only precaution that needs to be taken is not to get it injured again.
Hope that helps.
Let me know if you have more concerns
Dr.Patil .

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 45 hours later
I appreciate your help. I have one last question. What should this thrombosis feel like? Should I feel a almost hard lump, that feels XXXXXXX under the skin? It feels almost like a bb under the skin. Like a little hard ball? Does a thrombosis feel like this? I'm sorry this is really causing me a lot of stress because it has been there so long. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later

Thanks for the follow up.

Yes, thrombus can feel a bit hard in consistency.

You need not be stressed. It takes time to get resolved.

Hope I have answered all your questions. I will be happy to explain or expand on any issue you may have.
If you have no other concerns, please close this discussion.