Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed blood after urinating. What treatment is required?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 711 Questions
blood after urinatingHello,whenever I drink a dark or stout beer,I see blood after I urinate,with a slight sting during urination.
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 24 minutes later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
You are having hematuria.
This needs to be confirmed by a urine test.
The commonest cause being an infection or an enlarged prostate.
Stop taking alcohol and take plenty of rest.
Perform a urine test and an ultrasound and consult an urologist.
Consult your doctor if the problem persists.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Noticed blood after urinating. What treatment is required? 34 minutes later
Will the urine test detect if the bleeding has stopped?
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 3 hours later
The urine test will detect if you are passing blood through urine or not.Subsequent urine tests will also let you know whether the bleeding has stopped or not.Go ahead with the tests.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor