Noticed bleeding in ear after deep cleaning. Should I see a doctor?

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I cleaned my ear and went too deep. My ear is bleeding, it has been for a few hours and has not stopped. It also feels plugged up by blood. Can I wait until the morning to see a doctor?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: You need to see a doctor immediately . Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem since the bleeding is going on this is a sign that you may have pierced your ear drum and thus created a passage way into your middle ear. This is a XXXXXXX situationand you need to seek medical attention immediately otherwise your middle ear may be susceptable to infection and other complications . You should see an ENT Specialist as soon as possible . Take care. Dr. Shruti
Follow up: Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 17 minutes later
It is midnight where I am, can I wait until the morning? What do you refer to when you write "dangerous"?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, You can see some doctor in emergency . Actually by XXXXXXX I meant that loss of hearing can also result due to complications so see a doctor because only after ear examination damage can be assessed . Dr. Shruti