Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Noticed blackhead on upper lip which looks like cold sore. What cure should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 345 Questions
While looking in the mirror I noticed a small blackhead right on top of my upper lip, of course I made the mistake of obsessively picking at it. I ended up ripping my skin off, and now have this patch of raw skin above my lip. It looks kind of like a cold sore, but it isn't. How do I take care of this? How long until it heals?
Posted Thu, 6 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 18 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

I will be glad to be of assistance and I will try my best to answer your queries until you get a satisfactory answer.

I would recommend that you apply Neosporin cream over it twice a day in order to prevent any secondary bacterial infection. In addition, take vitamin c supplements orally for a week. This aids in quicker healing.

I understand you are concerned, but do not worry it should take around a week's time to heal.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if my recommendations were helpful to you.
I will be glad to assist you with any other concerns that you may have.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor