Noticed black spots on penis. What could be causing this?

Dr. Praveen Rodrigues

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 15 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Question: hello dr,

i have been noticing these black spots on my penile for a while but i dont know why i'm being obsessed by them recently !

so please can you tell me what they! and if they look serious or not !

they do not hurt and they dont have any puss out of them and they are in the hair area.

i have been sexually active with one partner for three years and i guess we are both fine i guess we are athletes too and i never had a sexual intercourse with another during these three years.
they spots are on the beginning of the penile shaft at the bottom and they are 4 on the left and maybe 3 on the right and they are all in the hair area as u can see in the images.

Thank you dr.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 1 hour later
Hi there XXXXXXX
From your history & the photographs, no they do not appear sinister or serious.
They appear like old ingrown hair follicles or benign growths that have got lichenified.
In either case, in the current scenario, if you want to get rid of them, apply a topical cream called EMLA that is a local anaesthetic some 45 mts before reaching the dermatologists' clinic & it can be easily removed using either a hyfrecator or a laser equipment that am sure is standard in your parts noting you are in kuwait. Alternatively you can combine it with a holiday & get it done on one of your trips abroad & you are most welcome to India for this.
I note you are both athletes & in a monogamous relationship for 3 years so an STD does not seem likely especially as in those parts (i lived in abu-dhabi for years) one gets tested regularly. Cheers & Good Luck & hope it is soon sorted out.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore, India.