Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

186 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Noticed black raised moles on testicle. What is causing this and suggest some cure?

Answered by
Dr. Stephen Christensen

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1986

Answered : 212 Questions

Posted on Wed, 19 Dec 2012 in Testicle Problems
Question: I'm a 40 yr old guy & have about 7 small black moles on by balls, several are raised, a few weeks ago I snagged 1 towel drying after a shower which caused a raised 1 to bleed, this immediately stopped. It has not happened since,I have no lumps or any pain plus am trim with no cancer history in my family. I'm unsure what to do next
Answered by Dr. Stephen Christensen 3 hours later
Hello. I'm Dr. Christensen.

Although it isn't possible to diagnose your condition without an examination, it sounds like you could be dealing with angiokeratomas, which are dilated, thin-walled capillaries just beneath the surface of your scrotal skin. (These lesions are sometimes called angiokeratomas of Fordyce.)

In the majority of cases, angiokeratomas of the scrotum aren't associated with any underlying medical disorder, and they usually don't need to be treated. Angiokeratomas that bleed repeatedly can be surgically excised or treated with cryotherapy (freezing), electrocautery (burning with a pinpoint electrical current), sclerotherapy (injection with a local irritant to coagulate the capillary) or laser.

I'd suggest you have your doctor take a look at the moles on your scrotum. He/she can confirm your diagnosis and review your options for treatment.

I hope that answers your question. I'll be available if you have additional concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Treatment/Therapy ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Scrotum

doctor1 MD

Hi, I'm a 24 year old male now. I have an itch around my genitals where my scrotal sack meets my left leg (as well as on the right side). For over ten years, I've had to use an anti-bacterial cream for it to keep away the itch and the bad smell that comes with it. When I don't use the cream, the area looks like the skin is peeling off, it itches and it smells. The condition has recently come back and isn't going away quickly even though I'm using the cream. What condition is this and what can I do to get rid of it? I really need some help. Thanks!

doctor1 MD

my scrotum became red and after some days it become paper like so i went to a octor who pescribed me fluconazole and lobate gm a anti fungal cream the infection has healed but the shin joined with the penis head is still red can u suggest me some remedies

doctor1 MD

hi, I am getting a dull pain in the right side of my belly/abdomen(since last 5 days), also i feel some swelling at the back of right testicle(last 5 days).the swelling is spongy & fibrous smaller than the testicle is.Also I am suffering from a dry throat since lst 15 days & along with some swelling.sexually active(single partner), age 28.No burning/ problem in urination or bowel movement , no discharge either, pain increases on movement or fitted underwear. Also suffering from obesity , height 5'6 ,wt 94 kgs. Deficient in D-3 & B-12, all other blood test are normal, sugar & BP normal.Yesterday i tried cooling down the scrotum, the pain went away, is this epididymitis or something thing else? please suggest appropriate treatment.

doctor1 MD

I am a 17 year old guy who had pain in my left testicle and abdomen about a month ago or a little longer. That pain went away after about 2 weeks but just recently I have noticed consistent discoloring in my scrotum, my left testicle has gotten bigger and is very hard while my right testicle has shrunk and is extremely soft and maybe even mushy. My semen has been coming out chunky, and my nipples are swollen and sore all the time. Please help I'm really worried

doctor1 MD

Can testicular torsion cause LOW grade pain?

doctor1 MD

Ok, I asked about this yesterday in the main forum. After thinking about it and being a little more clear headed, I decided to put it here in the "ask a specialist." Most of my question yesterday went unanswered. What was answered was very short...

doctor1 MD

I was diagnosed with intermittent testicular torsion 3 years ago and had orchiopexy performed with non absorbable sutures. Before the surgery my testicle would be backwards (180 degrees) 90% of the time or more and I had pain every day from it....