Noticed black raised moles on testicle. What is causing this and suggest some cure?

Dr. Stephen Christensen

Posted on Wed, 19 Dec 2012 in Testicle Problems
Question: I'm a 40 yr old guy & have about 7 small black moles on by balls, several are raised, a few weeks ago I snagged 1 towel drying after a shower which caused a raised 1 to bleed, this immediately stopped. It has not happened since,I have no lumps or any pain plus am trim with no cancer history in my family. I'm unsure what to do next
Answered by Dr. Stephen Christensen 3 hours later
Hello. I'm Dr. Christensen.

Although it isn't possible to diagnose your condition without an examination, it sounds like you could be dealing with angiokeratomas, which are dilated, thin-walled capillaries just beneath the surface of your scrotal skin. (These lesions are sometimes called angiokeratomas of Fordyce.)

In the majority of cases, angiokeratomas of the scrotum aren't associated with any underlying medical disorder, and they usually don't need to be treated. Angiokeratomas that bleed repeatedly can be surgically excised or treated with cryotherapy (freezing), electrocautery (burning with a pinpoint electrical current), sclerotherapy (injection with a local irritant to coagulate the capillary) or laser.

I'd suggest you have your doctor take a look at the moles on your scrotum. He/she can confirm your diagnosis and review your options for treatment.

I hope that answers your question. I'll be available if you have additional concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad