Noticed big divot on kidney, feeling on and off nausea and having smelly urine. Any advice?

Dr. Ravi Bansal

Nephrologist

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Question: hello,
This week I noticed I have a big divot over my kidney (that wasn’t there last week) and have feel on and off nausea. I have also noticed that over the last few months my urine smells bad.
Please advise.

Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 5 hours later
Hi there,

Kindly explain, “You noticed a big divot over my left kidney”. Are you commenting on skin changes on the abdominal wall in the kidney area? Is there any pain in that area? Kindly describe in detail.

Do you have any problems with high BP, swelling of legs, Diabetes or history of urine infections?

Nausea, pain abdomen and smelly urine could be an ongoing urine culture investigation done and discuss with your physician.

Kindly inform above particulars and investigation findings to better guide you.

Hope this helps, feel free to get back for any queries

Bye

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E