Noticed absence of ejaculation after masturbating. Feeling uncomfortable. What's wrong?

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 20 Dec 2012 in Sexual Problems
Question: Hello, I am 17 year old boy one weak before when I made masturbation, my sperm won't out :( and now I have same problem It cames out but just a few of it, could u help me please
Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 6 hours later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

The causes for absent ejaculation or decreased quantityof semen could be as follows:

1) Dehydration, i.e. decreased water content in the body
2) Stress - both physical as well as psychological stress can adversely afect sexual functioning.
3) Infections of the urinary or reproductive tract
4) Retrograde ejaculation: this is a condition in which semen gets ejaculated backwards into the urinary blader, instead of coming out. This can be seen due to some structural abnormalities, due to the effects of certain medication or due to certain infections.
5) Often, this could be a normal variation also. i.e. there can be some variations in the amount of semen which is ejaculated, from time to time. Also, when there is excessive masturbation and frequent ejaculation, the semen volume can decrease subsequently.

I would advise you the following remedial measures:

1) Drink plenty of fluids, at least 2 - 3 litres per day.
2) Drink Canberry juice, which is a good urinary antiseptic and can clear out any infections of the urinary or reproductive tract.
3) Take a nutritious diet and include more of fruits and vegetables, especially XXXXXXX vegetables.
4) You can take a multivitamin supplement, especially something with Vitamin E, sinc this vitamin promotes fertility and sperm formation.
5) Adopt a healthy lifestyle, with regular exercise, proper eating and sleeping habits, and avoid stress.

So, don't worry, this doesn't appear to be a major cause of concern, and if you follow these measures, your problem will gradually subside, and you will be able to have normal sexual functioning.

Wish you all the best.

- Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist