Noticed a red spot on arm with a white ring around it. On medication for eczema. What to do?

Dr. Sudarshan

Dermatologist

Posted on Sat, 8 Dec 2012 in Skin Rash
Question: This morning I had my flu jab . Absolutely fine. This evening I have noticed a red spot on my arm with a white ring around it, not the arm i had the needle in. I am on immune surpressants for my eczema. 250g of azathioprine a day. Do I need to take any action?
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 4 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing in.
The condition you are describing can be folliculitis or furuncle.
It is a common bacterial infection can occur in immunosuppressed persons.

Treatment can be oral and topical antibiotics

Also I would like to know-
Is it painful?
Does it have pus /discharge?
Any other part affected?
Do you have fungal infection anywhere else on the body?between feet or fingers?

Can you upload photos of the affected area?
Photos can help a lot to predict the condition.

Answer the questions and we can continue the discussion here.

DrSudarshan
MD Dermatology.