Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Noticed a darkened area, bruising and petechiae on tail bone. What medication should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Spine Surgeon
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 116 Questions
Last week ,playing wii bowling, i fell on my "bum". Didnt feel pain then, as i had a few drinks. Day after I noticed a darkened area, bruising and petechiae on tail bone, with severe 8/10 pain running down my back,hip,leg on right side. I am 53 yo, 200 lbs. I take ultram daily for DDD I have had for 20 years. Still work 40/week. Can walk but painful with full wt bearing on right side and at night while sleeping.
Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. S K Mishra 56 minutes later
Since trauma has bizarre presentation you need at least basic investigations. There may be a small injury in lumbosacral spine or right side of hip, which needs to be ruled out. Your description does not seem to be benign. You should consult an orthopedic surgeon, get examined clinically. Till then you can take rest and pain killers.

Let me know if I can assist you further.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor