Noticed a darkened area, bruising and petechiae on tail bone. What medication should be done?

Dr. S K Mishra

Spine Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Last week ,playing wii bowling, i fell on my "bum". Didnt feel pain then, as i had a few drinks. Day after I noticed a darkened area, bruising and petechiae on tail bone, with severe 8/10 pain running down my back,hip,leg on right side. I am 53 yo, 200 lbs. I take ultram daily for DDD I have had for 20 years. Still work 40/week. Can walk but painful with full wt bearing on right side and at night while sleeping.
Answered by Dr. S K Mishra 56 minutes later
Since trauma has bizarre presentation you need at least basic investigations. There may be a small injury in lumbosacral spine or right side of hip, which needs to be ruled out. Your description does not seem to be benign. You should consult an orthopedic surgeon, get examined clinically. Till then you can take rest and pain killers.

Let me know if I can assist you further.