Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Notice round purple-red spot at the bottom of penis head. What it could be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 662 Questions
Hi there - I am a 27 year old male with a small, round purple-red spot at the bottom of my penis head. It's been there for a little while and hasn't changed much. It's just a little unusual to see. I have never had intercourse, only oral, and this spot causes me no pain or awareness. If you notice, there are some smaller purple dots around it too. Any ideas of what it could be? Thank you.
Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Thank you for uploading an image.
At your age, the most probable diagnosis is--Fordyce spots. They are harmless, small (1-5mm) bright red or purple papules that can appear on the glans, shaft or scrotum. They appear for unknown reasons and usually consist of abnormally dilated blood vessels, covered by thickened skin.
No treatment is needed for this condition as its totally harmless.
Hope that addresses your concern. Let me know if you need any more help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor