Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Not getting pregnant after miscarriages. Have NTM lung disease. Looking for proper treatment

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infertility Specialist
Practicing since : 1992
Answered : 218 Questions
Hi Doctor,
My wife had couple of miscarriages two years ago poist which we have been trying to have a baby. She has not been able to conceive after that. All are tests are good. After 1 year of treatement, the doctor reccomended to test fo TB( IGm) . The tests came positive and they put her on ATT post which she developed jaundice. We stopped the medicines and gain tested for the TB with mroe tests. While the tests for TB came negative( Gold test and the test with menstural blood) , she was detected to be infected with Non tubersclosis mycrobateria.The doctor is again reccomending to go for ATT despite us telling her that she had faced extreme side effects of the medicine. Hence we are requesting for alteranatre medicines that cause less side effects to cure her NTM. Can you please guide us on the same+ Does NTM cause infertility?
Thu, 17 Jan 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 3 hours later
welcome to HCM

non mycobacterium tuberculosis needs to be addressed and it will be suggested that you XXXXXXX a specialist in infective diseases or a chest and TB specialist who will help you with the proper medications so that your wife can be treated properly.

They will assess the complications she had with the initial treatment and help you with drugs much safer for her and has fewer side effects

There is not much literature available for the NTM causing infertility

As far as the fertility treatment is concerned - it can be resumed after the treatment is completed and the gynaecologist will help her as she need further investigations and appropriate management due to he previous miscarriages

hope to have answered your query
Dr Nandita Thakkar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor