Not getting pregnant after miscarriages. Have NTM lung disease. Looking for proper treatment

Dr. Nandita Thakkar

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Thu, 17 Jan 2013 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hi Doctor,
My wife had couple of miscarriages two years ago poist which we have been trying to have a baby. She has not been able to conceive after that. All are tests are good. After 1 year of treatement, the doctor reccomended to test fo TB( IGm) . The tests came positive and they put her on ATT post which she developed jaundice. We stopped the medicines and gain tested for the TB with mroe tests. While the tests for TB came negative( Gold test and the test with menstural blood) , she was detected to be infected with Non tubersclosis mycrobateria.The doctor is again reccomending to go for ATT despite us telling her that she had faced extreme side effects of the medicine. Hence we are requesting for alteranatre medicines that cause less side effects to cure her NTM. Can you please guide us on the same+ Does NTM cause infertility?
Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 3 hours later
hello
welcome to HCM

non mycobacterium tuberculosis needs to be addressed and it will be suggested that you XXXXXXX a specialist in infective diseases or a chest and TB specialist who will help you with the proper medications so that your wife can be treated properly.

They will assess the complications she had with the initial treatment and help you with drugs much safer for her and has fewer side effects

There is not much literature available for the NTM causing infertility

As far as the fertility treatment is concerned - it can be resumed after the treatment is completed and the gynaecologist will help her as she need further investigations and appropriate management due to he previous miscarriages

hope to have answered your query
Dr Nandita Thakkar