Not getting labor pain even if due dates passed. Approx weight of baby in scan. Cause of not getting labor pain & is it the exact weight of baby?
I have still not got any labour pain.The doctor informed us, if the due date passes by 2 days,they will give medicines to get labour pains.
We want to know that if the due date passes and still we dont get any labour pains,what is the procedure that is to be followed.How many days can we wait to get the labour pains?
Is there any specific reason for not getting the labour pain, even if the due date passes?
When the scan is peformed on 5th march,doctor informed us that the approximate baby weight is 2.5kg,is it the exact weight?what will be the growth of the baby in these 15 days?
Thanks for posting your query.
After the due date has passed, a complete evaluation of the fetus is done by Bio physical profile which is repeated after every three days. If there is any impending fetal compromise detected then pains are induced with medicines.
You need to get a Biophysical profile done immediately to know about your fetal well being.
Not having pains after due date does not indicate any specific abnormality related to mother or fetus.
The weight calculated on an ultrasound is only an approximate weight. You can get the weight assessed again by an ultrasound scan to know the progress your baby has made.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
What is meant by impending fetal compromise?
Please explain me
Thanks for writing again.
Biophysical profile is a test which involves non stress test and an ultrasound scan to assess amount of liquor, fetal movements and fetal breathing. The final score indicates the well being of fetus.
In case the score is low it indicates that fetal blood circulation and respiration are compromised and an immediate delivery is required.
Impending fetal compromise means the likelihood of fetus being in danger- due to lack of oxygen or blood supply after the due date is over.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...