Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Not been able to ejaculate. What can be done?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9625 Questions
Hello Doctor, Aug.6, 2013
I am a comparatively healthy and healthy man. I have a sexual problem that I have tried
discuss with four or five doctors.. None could give me an answer. My problem is : I have not
been able to ejaculate for the past four years. I have all of the feeling, like I am going to
ejaculate, but cannot. I am 79 years old, but still enjoy sex very much. Could you please
help or advise me? Thank You.
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have problem of not ejaculating during sexual intercourse since last four years.

Since you had normal ejaculation through out your life your present problem is termed as secondary anejaculation.

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me to make comments on your problem.
1) Do you have Diabetes,Hypertension or any other major health issue ?
2)Are you taking any medications for other illness ?
3) Have you undergone surgery in the past especially for prostate problem like TURP or BNI ?
4) Have you ever tested your blood to estimate Testosterone or FSH levels in your blood ?
5) What is the frequency of intercourse in a week ?
6) Have you ever done ultrasound scanning or Rectal probe scanning to rectify any problem in prostate or seminal vesicles ?

In absence of any major health issue ,in majority of cases anejaculation at this age is due to retrograde ejaculation where semen gets ejaculated backwards in bladder rather than forward in to urethra.This can be confirmed by presence of sperms in urine by doing microscopic urine examination immediately after intercourse.

Please have atrial of one of the following medicines to get ejaculation
Tab Pseudoephedrine once daily or Imipramin once daily .Please consult your family physician for timing of the drug to be taken and prescription.

You can also try using penile vibrator during sex to increase sensitivity of penis and penile stimulation.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor