Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Not able to urinate. Having bladder retention and fibromyalgia. Having pain in lower back. What can be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 328 Questions
I cannot urinate at all. I think I have bladder retention. I have fibromyalgia. My lower back hurts. I do not have insurance.
Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 25 minutes later

If you do not have any any urine coming out in last more than 12 hours. then there are only two possibilities.-

1. that the kidney is not forming any urine
2. the kidney is forming urine but there is an outflow tract obstruction.

To differentiate them we need to have blood test serum creatinine, sodium and potassium and an ultrasound examination to rule out obstruction.

If obstructed foleys catheter tube has to be put. urine testing has to be done to find the exact reason. all this requires medical help and you cannot manage at home . i suggest you visit your physician for the problem so that he can undertake the proper treatment plan.

best wishes,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor