Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Not able to retract the foreskin. Which specialist should I consult?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9634 Questions
The foreskin does not comes back at all while I masturbate. I have tried to pull the foreskin many times, but it would not come back. Will this have a problem while having sex?
How can this be solved?
Which doctor should i consult for this? Should I consult a "urologist" or "sexologist"?
Posted Tue, 19 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 20 minutes later
Thanks for your query. Based on the facts that you have posted, it appears that you have what is called as Phimosis.
During normal intercourse foreskin is retracted over glans penis, which helps to penetrate vagina and to enjoy sex.
Since you are unable to retract the foreskin you will face problem in penetration of vagina.The only treatment for this problem is to get circumcised (surgery).
Visit a qualified Urologist who will carry out the surgery under local anesthesia. It will be cured and solve your problem permanently.
Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask, if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Not able to retract the foreskin. Which specialist should I consult? 10 hours later
Are there any risks associated with the survey?
Are there any other options - like stretching of the skin or any other treatment?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 38 minutes later

Thanks for follow up. The surgery of circumcision is one of the simplest procedure without any risk. Do not worry at all. Go ahead and get it done without any fear or tension.

The other options that you have asked will help you temporarily and there are high chances of recurrence, of Phimosis.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Thanks with Regards.
Dr. Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor