Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Not able to pull foreskin back completely from penis. Is this curable naturally? Circumcision?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1851 Questions
Hello, I've been married for about one year now. i am not able to penetrate through successfully so far. I browsed through a lot of sexual related articles which isolate my issue as " the foreskin is still attached to my head"(I am not able to pull my foreskin back completely from the penis) is this curable naturally or should i have to perform a circumcision to have a normal sexual life...
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 57 minutes later
Thanks for your query.

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

Important aspects of your query are:
•     28 year old male
•     Known case of Phimosis (no retraction of foreskin on glans penis during intercourse.
•     Complaints of: difficulty in penetration.

I can understand your concern. Phimosis usually leads to pain during erection and erectile dysfunction difficulty due to pain.

For treatment first you need to be examined by surgeon to confirm your diagnosis and cause. Common treatments include steroid creams, preputioplasty, manual stretching, and circumcision. Circumcision is easiest, less time consuming and one of the best treatments.

If there is minor phimosis only, then patient can do regular stretching of foreskin 3-4 times per day, without causing discomfort. It may cure minor problem but before trying this examination with surgeon is necessary.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor