Owl Image

Not able to conceive. All test results are normal. Taking Nidagest and follic acid. Correct medicine?

Infertility Specialist
Question
Hi.. Iam married for 4 years n is not able to conceive... I have gone thru all the blood tests advised they were normal my husbands semen's was also normal....I have got DNC and HSG done I tried after that but still no result now i am going thru follicular study on 11th day rt. ov 16 n lft ov small and on 12 th day again rt is 17.8 and lft small and endometrium 9.5.....I am really confused and curious to know is that normal and I am also taking Nidagest and follic acid please advise what best I can do to conceive....
Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 26 minutes later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

You are on right track of treatment. Normal follicular size should be 18mm or more before you try for pregnancy.

Since you have the dominant follicle about 17.8 mm in rt. ovary, please take inj. hCG from your doctor and have intercourse for 4 days starting one day after taking hCG. Nidagest you take after 4 days of intercourse not before.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.

Follow-up: Not able to conceive. All test results are normal. Taking Nidagest and follic acid. Correct medicine? 28 hours later
Thanx a lot doct for answering my question, today was my last day of follicular study and my follicule has ruptured now and endometrium 11mm still I have to take inj HCG.
It was 19.5mm on 13th day.

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Hi, thanks for reply. It is better to take hCG inj. Because it helps in supporting pregnancy. This is right time to have intercourse. Wish you all the best. Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF specialist