Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

158 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Not able to conceive. All test results are normal. Taking Nidagest and follic acid. Correct medicine?

Answered by
Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Practicing since :2000

Answered : 3769 Questions

Posted on Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hi.. Iam married for 4 years n is not able to conceive... I have gone thru all the blood tests advised they were normal my husbands semen's was also normal....I have got DNC and HSG done I tried after that but still no result now i am going thru follicular study on 11th day rt. ov 16 n lft ov small and on 12 th day again rt is 17.8 and lft small and endometrium 9.5.....I am really confused and curious to know is that normal and I am also taking Nidagest and follic acid please advise what best I can do to conceive....
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 26 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

You are on right track of treatment. Normal follicular size should be 18mm or more before you try for pregnancy.

Since you have the dominant follicle about 17.8 mm in rt. ovary, please take inj. hCG from your doctor and have intercourse for 4 days starting one day after taking hCG. Nidagest you take after 4 days of intercourse not before.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.


Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 28 hours later
Thanx a lot doct for answering my question, today was my last day of follicular study and my follicule has ruptured now and endometrium 11mm still I have to take inj HCG.
It was 19.5mm on 13th day.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Hi, thanks for reply. It is better to take hCG inj. Because it helps in supporting pregnancy. This is right time to have intercourse. Wish you all the best. Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

Recent questions on  Infertility

doctor1 MD

Hi there a year ago I was producing stretchy cervical mucus during ovulation and also getting that left sided pain inabdomen. However recently during time I am to ovulate, I only get sore there any fertility issues I can be worried about. I have had 3 abortions in the ppast.

doctor1 MD

hi im pooja from chennai. i had uti in december & february. i was taking some medicines for infertility. uti started soon after taking infertility drugs. in february it was worse. reports shows- pus cells-11-12hpf, epithelial cells 5-6hpf & rbc -5. i was treated with norfloxacin 400mg, citrakal and pyridium for 12 days. i was relieved. then after 1 month i took tests. rbc-nil. pus cells-6-8 hpf, epithelial cells-8-10hpf. i have backpain occasionaly. is it any serious condition?

doctor1 MD

I am a 38-year-old male, 6 ft in height and 87 kgs in weight. I had been diagnosed with moderate scalp Psoriasis in late 2007, after which I went in for homeopathic treatment for nearly a year. There was a some relief and I discontinued treatment in 2009. In 2010 I developed reddish Psoriatic rashes on my chest for which I have been under no specific medication. Now in 2011, a semen sample analysis was done for me in connection with efforts for my wife's conceiving a second child. The results showed male infertility with my condition being termed Oligo Asthena Teraspermia (OAT) which is essentially a negative on all three factors of male fertility. I happened to learn that immunological disorders like Psoriasis contribute to Male infertility in at least 10% of the cases. Is this true? And should I see a connection between my two conditions?

doctor1 MD

Hi, This is Vikas varshney. I have just analyze my Semen Analysis and i have the following Results. Quantity 1.5 ML ,colour: Greyish,Liquificatins time:30 minutes, PH:Alkaline,Viscosity: Normal,Total sperm count: 105 million, Motility: 55%,Morphogy: 60%,Pus Cells 8-10/HPF,Round Cells:occasional, Fructose : Present,M I Infertile Man? Or Fertile Can anyone Answer please. Thank you

doctor1 MD

I get a lower back pain which is excrucitating right after my cycle ends.its remians for 4-5 days. And have to take painkillers.Its very debiliating.The feeling is like something in stuck inside which is unable to come out.My lower portion gets...

doctor1 MD

My daughter, 30, no children has always had severe cramps and periods. Now, every two or three months, she almost passes out with pain, sweats profusely, turns white and freezing. I just witnessed this last night. How soon do I need to get her to...

doctor1 MD

hi doctor, i am 44 years old and my ivf is planned next month in XXXXXXX 2018. The Infertility specialist has suggested me to undergo Semen analysis and culture. The results of the HSA is as follows : VOLUME : 1.5 ML Total Count : 65 Million/ML...