Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Nosebleed when rubbing nose. Have diabetes. Reason and remedy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
my left nose is bleeding some times and little qyantity of blood comes out of my nose. when my nose is rubbed it happens suddenly.
Is it any problem related to Edrinoids. I am 63 years old and also diabetic. What could be thereason & what is the remedy?
Posted Sat, 22 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query.

There could be various reason for this kind of nose bleeding.

1.Dry skin inside nose
2.local infection inside nose like recurrent cough,cold
3.Adenoids as you suspecting
4.Rise in blood pressure
5.Medications like ecosprin which you might be taking due to diabetes.

Please first of all get in touch with your family doctor and after his advise consult an E.N.T. surgeon for local examination.

As per the cause further treatment can be suggested.

Please do not ignore and consult your doctor.

I hope this helps.

Wishing you good health.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor