Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Noises from stomach and feel like something is trapped in stomach. What could this be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1357 Questions
Hi ye,a lot off wind noises from stomach,feels like there is something trapped on my left hand off stomach,kinda like a stitch
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Problem's due to excess gas formation in intestine Detailed Answer: Hi Mr. XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Your problem is due to excessive gas formation in the intestine. You have not mentioned its duration; whether you get burps and excess passage of gas through the anus; acidity; loose stools; association with certain foods; presence of mental stress/anxiety. The possible common causes are:- * ingestion of high gas forming foods, such as baked beans, peas, legumes, Eggs, Nuts, Soybeans, Chicken, Steak and other beef products * indigestion due to growth of bad bacteria in the intestine overwhelming the good ones; * Intestinal infection; or, * Irritable bowels, particularly in the presence of chronic anxiety/mental stress * in uncommon conditions like intolerance/ allergy to certain foods, such as - Lactose intolerance (to milk, cheese and dairy products) - Carbohydrate intolerance (foods with high carbohydrate contents) or - Celiac disease (allergy to wheat, barley, rye etc..) I will therefore recommend that if none of the possibilities fit in, 1. first take a short course of an anti-microbial drug called metronidazole along with Probiotics (such as, lactobacillus), digestive enzymes and anti-acid drug, such as, omeprazole. 2. Cut down on high-gas forming foods as given above. 3. Eat slowly and chew food properly. Eat regularly, Drink a lot of water, Don’t drink between bites, Don’t talk while chewing food, Chew less gum, Eat more fiber, Reduce starchy foods intake. If there is no response, consult your doctor who would explore the possibility of food allergy/intolerance and advise you accordingly. Hope I have answered your query and will be happy to address to further clarifications, if any. Fond regards, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor