Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

No urinal symptoms while sleeping but wake up due to abdominal uneasiness and passing urine in night. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 527 Questions
Hello Doctor, my health issue is, no urinal symptoms at bed condition/while sleeping(waking up due to abdominal uneasiness and passing urine in the night) but it is OK in the day time/sitting/standing position. What kind of disceas it is?..which doctor i suppose to consult..i.e urologist or general physicion?..Please advice.
Posted Mon, 9 Sep 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 31 minutes later
It is important that you do get some tests done before we can say if you have a problem or not. I suggest you get a basic urine analysis done. You should get an ultrasound study of abdomen with a full bladder and after you have emptied the bladder. A uroflowmetry will also be useful to exclude any question of obstruction. Even if you are comfortable during daytime I feel that your night symptoms require your visiting a Urologist with the reports and most likely will need treatment.
Hope I have been of help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: No urinal symptoms while sleeping but wake up due to abdominal uneasiness and passing urine in night. Suggest? 9 minutes later
Hello Doctor, for CNBP problem, i am examining urine, blood & USG regularly once in 3 0r 6months..all reports are normal. No permanent cure for CNBP till now and urinal symptom is the additional problem. I have all the test reports. No abnormalities found so far. Please suggest.
Answered by Dr. V. Sasanka 6 minutes later
This is the usual feature of CNBP and all the reports are indeed normal. If there is any problem with the uroflow you might benefit from use of alpha-blockers but of flow is normal you might require drugs belonging to a class known as anti-cholinergics but this decision is isisllu made after a clinical examination by a Urologist.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor