No periods. Looks skinny. Diagnosis of anorexia. What does these indicate? Diagnosis?
Can you please help with any suggestions for a diagnosis? Again, 13 yr old girl whose vital signs are so bad her Dr wants her in hospital, her menstruation has stopped, but she hasn't lost any weight - any guesses for me ?
Difficult to comment upon.
Thank you for your query.
Well looking into your problem and the history you gave I would like to tell you that your main complaint is stopping of menstruation which can arise by a lot of problems that it is just a symptom that can arise from many diseases .
At the age of 13 years sometimes menstruation disturbances occur without any cause because since the process of sexual development is starting disturbances are common .
You should seek advise of an endocrinologist at the because physical examination is also required to look for and rule out other diseases .
The question is not about anorexia but if your doctor feels that she needs admission in hospital , he is the best judge of situation as he has examined your daughter in person plus there is no harm . Her regular blood work up is also essential to see if she is not suffering from some other disease leading to all this. I would advise you to follow your doctors advise .
Wish you good health.
I only tell you about her menstruation stopping because that's why the Dr. thinks it's some form of anorexia, yet I doubt that because she has lost no weight and eats like a 'normal' teenager - the main problem is that her vital signs are bad enough to worry the Dr. to where he wants her hospitalized - so it's mainly her vital signs... as well as the stopping of her menstruation.
I don't need any more help, thank you, this was just a shot in the dark.
I'll follow Dr advice and see where we go.
Appreciate this very much, best wishes... XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of periodic fever syndrome
- Diagnosis of periodical catch syndrome
- Diagnosis of periodic numbness
- Diagnosis of periodic paralysis
- Diagnosis of periodic fever
- Diagnosis of irregular periods
- Diagnosis of bleeding between periods
- Diagnosis of period, frequent headaches
- Diagnosis of anorexia
- Diagnosis of periodic seizures
- Getting hives. Having acid-reflux and low back pain. Suggestions?
- Operated for kidney stones, test showed cocaine in urine which I do not...
- Having chronic back pain, fatigue and eye irritation. Are these symptoms...
- Fluctuating platelet count, severe osteoporosis, corneal dystrophy,...
- Persisting swelling in lymph nodes, thick mucus post treatment. Could it...
- Pain in the mouth. Spiking blood pressure. Have hiatus hernia, anxiety...
- Random home glucose test showed extremely high values. Emergency?
- Does reducing immunosuppressents cause in cortisol elevation?
- Instruments that cause cross infection?
- Chest whistle when breath especially in cold weather. Is it asthma?