No history of Breast Cancer . 52 years old Total
52 years old
Total hysterectomy removal of both ovaries at age 32.
Estrodail for 2 years then Vivella Dot Patch since then.
No lump I can feel or see.
Week ago started having an issue with my R Breast. Hurt like a burning hurt now tender and sore in one spot. Arm is numb also.
Question? If you have a total hysterectomy can you even get breast cancer?
There are multiple factors documented to be risk factors of breast cancer. Women who have had longer years menstruating is one of those risk factors. Since you've had total hysterectomy with bilateral ovaries removed, you have one less risks of breast cancer. But there are other risks factors too - familial, smoking, hormone replacements and so on.
So to answer your questions, yes one can get breast cancers despite total hysterectomy. But the risks are comparatively lower.
Now, the sudden onset of pain, tenderness and numbness do not indicate breast cancer. It could be muscular ache. Acid reflux, atypically might also present with these features. And sometimes anxiety also lead to such symptoms.
At this point of time, my suggestion is to stay relaxed. Symptomatically these don't relate to cancers and the risk of getting one is comparatively low.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Random body aches. Is this the symptoms of flu?
- What is the difference between functional dyspepsia and appendicitis?
- Having spondylisthesis, DDD, facet artropathy, bulging discs. Taking...
- Addicted to tobacco. Tried nicotex chewing gum. Unable to open mouth and...
- Is amitriptyline safe medicine for polymyalgia? What are the affect of...
- Recommended amino acids and proteins after workout. How much protein...
- Diabetic. Have hepatic encephalopathy. Treated with lactulose. Should I...
- Looking best medicine for urinary tract infection
- Had shoulder injury. Hurts to lift arm and having burning sensation on...
- Bruise appeared on thigh after scratching. Hurts to touch. Why is this...