Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

No erection, tension, stress, penis size 2 inches, erectile dysfunction. Treatment ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12677 Questions
Sir i am 32 years old and married and My height is 5 ft 10 inches and Weight is 64kgs.
I have been married for the last two years and till now no issues( No child) and i have problem of getting erection for the past one month. Now i am taking the pills prescribed by Psychiatrist for tension and stress. is that due to side effect of the dose, please advice and my penis size is 2 inches and will be 4.5 inches when it is erected. And not had good sex with my wife till today and not suffering from any major illness also. So my worry is it will affect my relationship with my wife and want to have child soon. Please provide the answer to cure erectile Dysfunction and to have good sex life also
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to us.

Erectile functions are affected by multiple factors - both organic and psychological. Urologist is an ideal person who can investigate for organic causes. You may need battery of test - blood test, ultrasound scans, doppler study, neurological assessment, etc., to identify the cause.

The tablets you are taking for stress might contain anti depressants which do decrease libido as well as cause erectile dysfunction on long term use.
May I know the drugs you are taking right now for your problem?

If no organic causes is found perhaps lifestyle modifications will be necessary. Anxiety is found as the cause most often. De-stressing measures like exercise, particularly aerobic exercise is an effective treatment for erectile dysfunction.

Apart from this, good couple intimacy, quitting smoking (if any) is the necessary to reduce the problem.

A few medical drugs such as phosphodiesterase inhibitors/alprostadil have been used for the treatment. You may get them prescribed by a doctor if none of the above measures are successful in treating the problem. Both oral medications as well as injections are available to help in maintaining the erection. Your physician will help you in choosing the best agent for you after examining you to rule out the contraindicating factors.

When pharmacological methods fail, a purpose-designed external vacuum pump can be used to attain erection, with a separate compression ring fitted to the penis to maintain it.

To increase your sex drive you can add celery, raw oysters, banana, avocado, almonds, eggs, figs, garlic,etc., to your food.

With regard to the size of the penis, I would like to let you know that unless you are in possession of a micropenis - a rare condition in which a man’s erect penis is shorter ‎than 2 inches in length - size does not and should not matter. ‎

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: No erection, tension, stress, penis size 2 inches, erectile dysfunction. Treatment ? 13 hours later

I am using the pills for the Last 45 days prescribed by Psychiatrist i.e

Signolol -20 mg
Pridep-S 20
Depaxil CR -12.5

And i do not have any habits of Smoking,Drinking also.

And if the mind is tension free then the erection is ok. But now not getting the proper erection at all. But before two months i used to get erection as and when i see the female geneticals (i,e Breast) but now that is not there at all. and i would like to get the natural treatment with exercise and changing the food habits if required. Please suggest me to whom to consult now i am residing in cochin (Kerala)
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

The anti psychotics that you are using and the stress seems to be the cause in your case.

You need to practice relaxation techniques, yoga, XXXXXXX breathing exercises, etc.

To find a good Urologist nearest to your place, we have patient written reviews for doctors in our listing, those can guide you for a better doctor.

You can search for a doctor in your area at WWW.WWWW.WW .

Wishing you an early recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor