No bowel movement and less urination after hemorrhoid removal. Any reason?

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Wed, 6 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: hi, my husband had hemmoroids removed 2 days ago. he didnot open his bowl and hardly passed urine since then
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 59 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased answer your query.

You need not worry about his bowel movements since it is just 2 days he did not have one. Give him lot of fluids and he will have it in a day or two.

But the urine issue is significant. Get him examined by his doctor to rule out retention of urine ( secondary to medications or prostate enlargement). If it is just retention of urine, a catheter may be passed to let out urine.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini