Nine Year Back, I Got Gastritis . Endoscopy Showed Reddish
1) Is it better to just take probiotics and not take pepcid at all for my case.
2) Will taking these probiotics bring my gut bacteria in proper balance. How much time will it take.
3) Should I take more probiotics than 6 billion I am taking.
4)I would like to consume some splenda. Will probiotics offset the negative effects of splenda ?
5)With probiotics, will my stomach heal completely with time.
Please go through detailed answer dear.
Hello and thank you for choosing "Ask a Doctor" service for your query,
Have seen your details and i appreciate your concerns.
1)Yes you could keep on taking probiotic if you feel they are helping.
No need to take antacid if only taking probiotic is keeping things fine.
2)Yes they would but its a slow process and would take around 6-8 weeks or may be more.
3)If that amount is keeping you symptom free then that is sufficient.
4)Don't consume splenda it destroys gut flora..
5)Yes,but it would take some time and adding an antacid depends on your symptoms.If things are ok only with probiotic then nothing else is required.
Hope i was helpful.
Thank you and regards.
1) Is there any particular type of probiotic that is best for gastritis type of problem ? Please give me your thoughts on probiotics - which strain or strains, how much etc.
2)I do enjoy couple of cans of diet soda( containing splenda) every week. Do probiotics offset negative impact of this on gut flora.
3) Once my stomach is completely symptom free even without probiotics, should I continue with 6 billion probiotics or stop it.
1)Any probiotic containing Lactobacillus strain with other bacteria's are ok.
VSL#3 is a good probiotic.
2)No any type Diet soda or alcoholic or non alcoholic soda based thing should be avoided.
3)First take them for minimum of 6 weeks.Follow up after that whether to continue the same or not depends on how your body responds to symptoms.
1) I see that it contains 112 CFU per capsule. Am I right?
2) How many capsules I should take daily.