Night sweats , body can't seem to regulate itself. I

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi

Posted on Mon, 4 Mar 2019 in Mental Health
Question: Night sweats, body can't seem to regulate itself. I do have bipolar that is treated with meds and chronic neck pain and under pain management doctors. My concern is right now, Unusually thirsty and drink lots of water, no appetite, sweat a lot and then go into a cold/flu like feelings until it goes away. I fainted 4 times on Sunday just walking around the house. My wife saw two of them and said I was out for approx 5 seconds. I"m under a ton of stress to include financial, family, medical, job etc. Should i be concerned? I have severe sleep apnea too. My short term memory is not so great. I do take meds for high blood pressure, but some days, my heart feels like it's wants to jump out of my chest.
Answered by Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Probably chronic fatigue syndrome, follow the advice below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear and welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Your symptoms seem to be related to chronic fatigue syndrome.

It can be caused by the stress that you mentioned in the query.

I would also recommend you to do a complete blood count and a glycemic level to exclude diabetes.

Meanwhile, I would recommend to take a daily multivitamin and mineral supplement.

I also recommend a magnesium and malic acid supplement and 3-10 mg of melatonin at bedtime to improve sleep.

I suggest you a healthy lifestyle, eating healthy and sleeping at least 7 hours a day.

I also recommend to reduce stress in your life.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana