Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Never get erection. Have to try artificial stimulation by touch, rubbing & masturbation. Suggestions?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9585 Questions
Hello Doctor,

I never get an erection or stimulation or aroused or excitement from my female partner. It is never natural or spontaneous & I have to try mechanical / artificial stimulation by touch, rubbing & masturbation. Also the quality of erection is not hard enough. It also lasts for a short while. Please advise how do I enter & penetrate in my partner ? so as to have & complete an intercourse.
Posted Thu, 29 Aug 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later

It appears that you have problem of Erectile Dysfunction and need to be evaluated thoroughly to establish the cause.

I understand your concerns. Men do face such issues.

Please get the following investigations done.

1) Routine Haemogram and Routine Urine test
2) Blood Sugar levels on empty stomach and 2 hours after lunch to rule out Diabetes
3) Thyroid Hormone assessment to rule out any thyroid disease
4) Hormonal study like Serum Testosterone, Serum Prolactin, Leutinising Hormone (LH) to rule out any abnormal hormonal imbalance or deficiency
5) Ultrasound study of scrotum
6) Penile Doppler Ultrasound Scanning of the penis to rule out any arterial insufficiency or venous leak

Further treatment will be decided depending upon the results of these tests.

Do write back to me after the results.

Dr. Patil
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor